The following are a standard set of questions to discuss when engaging a client. Improvisation comes into play when dealing with different clientele (i.e. club owner vs wedding planner). Regardless it’s still important that you have a series of points to cover, so that the clint and the performer clearly understand the requirements of an event or gig.
- Who’s coming to the event?
- What are the predominant age ranges?
- What city, state, and country does the event take place?
- When is the crowd expected to arrive? Event start and end time?
- When will the event get the most busiest?
- Any lighting effects (strobes, lasers, spots)?
- Any Microphones (handheld, lapel)
- Additional speakers or subwoofers for bigger sound?
- Table cloths?
- Color or theme restrictions?
- What songs do you want to hear? What genres?
- What do you not want to hear?
- Do you want to have the DJ accept requests from others?
- Do you want all original versions of songs played?
- Have you checked out the DJ’s remixed songs?
- Is their adequate electricity?
- Are there outlets or a generator within 50 feet of a Dj workstation or band?
- Any overall guidelines or need-to-knows?
- What is the dress code
- What specific cue points or breaks are there?
- What about announcements?
- Will there be reading material the DJ/VJ needs to present?